Monday, March 18, 2013

From B to C.

Quotes from the ‘c’ section.



First up the one and only Raymond Chandler….


“I needed a drink, I needed a lot of life insurance, I needed a vacation, I needed a home in the country. What I had was a coat, a hat and a gun. I put them on and went out of the room.”

― Farewell, My Lovely







James M. Cain was on the money here…

 

“If your writing doesn`t keep you up at night, it won`t keep anyone else up either".”









 

Albert Camus had a point here…

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question.”

― Albert Camus, The Fall


And oh, my favorite poet. Gregory Corso...
"Last night I drove a car
not knowing how to drive

not owning a car

I drove and knocked down

people I loved

...went 120 through one town.



I stopped at Hedgeville

and slept in the back seat

...excited about my new life."


Quite.

No comments: