Friday, August 16, 2013
13 Words of Advice for New Writers
A few simple rules for new writers of fiction or non-fiction, young or old.
1. Write the book yourself.
2. Write that book from start to finish. Polish it best you can.
3. Find an agent and a publisher.
4. It you can't find a publisher - keep writing. Submit to forums. Discover your craft.
5. If it still don't happen consider self-publishing.
6. Do not write your own reviews. NEVER. Nor pay people to write reviews for you. When the public find out that you have then your career is dusted.
7. Promote - don't SPAM. Use the internet as a pub not a notice board.
8. Don't pay people to LIKE you or FOLLOW you on facebook or Twitter.
9. When interviewed don't talk about your sales figures - talk about your craft.
10. Review books - interview fellow authors and get involved in local events.
11. Learn to play the guitar.
12. Drink and smile.
13. Be happy. Not a race - It's a journey.
Buy the ticket. Enjoy the Ride.
JN - BKK